JEST exam for PhD Programs……
For the PhD in famous Indian institute of Science Education and Research must have to attend for the JEST – Joint Entrance Screening Test. In this article we will give the information about on Books to Prepare for JEST Exam. By using these JEST test around 21 famous institutes will fill up seats for the Ph.D Program in Research. In this exam mainly two sections will be place. Section -1 has the 25 questions carried 75 arks and section-2 has 25 questions carried 25 marks. Negative marking is available for the wrong answer. One third of marks will be removed for every wrong answer.
Eligibility Conditions for Jest Exam:
- For the entry in Ph.d, Integrated Ph.d programmes in 21 IIT’s and other private institutes aspirants must have the M.Sc or M.Tech with the related discipline. This eligibility change with institutes is better to watch notifications of entry in Ph.d programs. For the Example
- Indian institute of Astrophysics – Minimum qualification will be M.Sc (Mathematics / Applied Physics / Applied Mathematics / Optics & Phonics / Instrumentation / Electronics).
- IISC, IMSC, IUCAA, INCASR, NCRA, TIFR, RRI, IISER, SBNCBS – qualification will be B.E / B.Tech.
- Institute of Plasma research – qualification will be M.Sc (Physics, Applied Physics), Engineering.
For Integrated M.Sc / M.Tech – Ph.d Program:
- HRI, IISER – Pune, SBSCBS, NCRA – TIFR – qualification is bachelor degree.
- IMSC institute of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Science / Information Technology – qualification Engineering degree with Physics subject.
Useful Books to Prepare for JEST Exam
Those are the following reference books to prepare for Jest exam.
- Mathematical Methods in physics – Arfken
- Fundamentals of Statistical Thermodynamics – Reif
- Classical Mechanics – Goldstein
- Classical Electrodynamics – Jackson
- Quantum Mechanics – Griffiths
- Quantum Mechanics – Schiff
- Solid State Physics – Kittel
- Physics of Atoms & Molecules – Brandes and Jocquim